Yerevan /Mediamax/. Armenian Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan said today that “there is nothing by and large unacceptable in the proposals Azerbaijan has sent to us.”
“It is another thing that these issues do not completely address the Armenia-Azerbaijan comprehensive peace agenda. In our response, we consider the rights of the Armenians of Nagorno Karabakh and the addressing of the status of Nagorno Karabakh to be fundamental,” the minister said during the sitting of Armenian parliament’s Foreign Affairs Standing Committee.
Ararat Mirzoyan noted that on this basis they are ready to start negotiations with Azerbaijan.
The conditions presented by the Azerbaijani Ministry of Foreign Affairs were the following:
- Mutual recognition of each other's sovereignty, territorial integrity;
- Mutual confirmation of the absence of territorial claims by states against one another, as well as a legal obligation to refrain from making such claims in the future;
- Refrain from threatening each other's security;
- Delimitation and demarcation, the establishment of diplomatic relations;
- The opening of transport and communications, implementation of joint programs.