Yerevan /Mediamax/. Azerbaijan has stated today that it is ready to start negotiations with Yerevan on signing peace agreement if Armenia accepts the 5 preconditions it has forwarded.
The preconditions published in the statement of the Azerbaijani Ministry of Foreign Affairs are the following:
- Mutual recognition of each other's sovereignty, territorial integrity;
- Mutual confirmation of the absence of territorial claims by states against one another, as well as a legal obligation to refrain from making such claims in the future;
- Refrain from threatening each other's security;
- Delimitation and demarcation, the establishment of diplomatic relations;
- The opening of transport and communications, implementation of joint programs.